Mid Point Post

– How does this experience fit in with your career goals?

I’m not completely positive what I want to do with my career when I am older, but I know I want to go into the type of work that FHAO does. They try and promote tolerance by looking at historical evidence of intolerance. I hope to be involved in promoting tolerance in topical events, when I am older as, unfortunately, it is clear things like the Holocaust are still part of the present.

I had a fantastic experience with FHAO last year in the New York offices and I’m having another amazing experience here in London. I’ve been doing research spanning from inequalities in the European sports community, to the LGBTQIA community, to different Members of parliament, which has helped me understand the UK government a bit more (something I shamefully, really didn’t know much about before).

Along with all the research I’ve been doing, I’ve also been able to go on school visits with some of my colleagues. As I mentioned in my last blog post, FHAO creates textbooks and teaching materials for high schools, so they have established relationships with teachers in many different schools, in order to spread their material. By visiting the school, I saw FHAO’s work in practice. Working at FHAO helps me observe ways to encourage others to get involved when seeing acts of unkindness. Unfortunately, I was not able to take photos at the event, but I will include some photos of the office!

For the past week, I have been helping with preparation for the seminar that FHAO holds each year called Holocaust and Human Behavior. Teachers mainly attend the seminar, where they learn about different ways to teach FHAO’s materials. I have attached a link below of FHAO’s calendar if you wish to see other seminars they hold.

https://www.facinghistory.org/get-to-know-us/calendar

I do most of my work in the office, which is quite tiny so I do not have many photos; however I have included a view as well as the bus I take home, instead of having to wade through the insane amounts of people at rush hour on the tube!

IMG_2179IMG_2176