Last day

I just had a lovely last day at FHAO. Sofia (my supervisor) and Iman (a FHAO employee) took me out to lunch to celebrate as well as gave me a little going away/thank you present. I am so happy that I was able to work with FHAO this summer. I had an absolutely amazing experience and gained more inspiration and motivation to go into the non-profit sector regarding intolerance when I am older.

Over the past few months I was able to visit a classroom, where I got to see FHAO’s work in action with students. I helped prepare a seminar, where I was able to see the conversations FHAO has with their educators, and among everything else, I worked with lovely people.

A few years ago I did some research on my family’s escape from the Holocaust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBkAVnWi6FE), and through that I found FHAO. After my research I felt that i wanted to continue this type of work in some way, but I didn’t know how. After working with FHAO this year and last I was able to narrow down the type of work I would like to go into. I have learned so much from FHAO, they have taught me ways to keep stories alive and promote tolerance, which I was a bit lost on how to do 2 years ago. Of course there is a lot more to learn.

photo 1photo 2