NCCWSL

Meet Megan O’Hare! She is interested in Gender Studies and a Psychology major. She hopes to pursue a career in counseling and combine yoga with therapy techniques throughout my career.IMG_0200.jpg

Describe yourself and why you wanted to attend the NCCWSL Conference:

I wanted to attend NCCWSL mostly because I thought it would be a good opportunity to meet more like-minded people from different parts of the country.

Describe your favorite parts of the conference:

My favorite part of the conference was attending speaker sessions; the speakers were all very interesting and inspirational. I also loved the atmosphere and how friendly and welcoming all of the 900 other women were. I found the experience very empowering and unique. I also enjoyed the diversity in attendees. There were women from all different parts of the country, various career interests and majors, and all sorts of backgrounds, ethnicities, and ages.

Highlight a speaker or a conference event:

My favorite workshop was held by Catie Whelan. Catie spoke about hereexperience with taking risks and how doing so is crucial to living a meaningful life. I thought Catie was very inspirational.

Detail what you learned that you hope to never forget:

I learned the importance of making your own choices and doing what you want to do regardless of the path others have planned for you. I learned that “what is meant to be will always be.”

IMG_0197.jpg

Why should other students attend a NCCWSL Conference:

People should attend NCCWSL because it is a really empowering conference filled with lots of different women. It is a great opportunity to hear from women with all different careers and become inspired.

Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Tulane undergraduate students can apply to NCI for funding to attend conferences. Email Betsy Lopez at elopez@tulane.edu for more information.

Responses have been lightly edited for length and clarity.