Final Thoughts

Hello Everyone!

School has begun again and I am still working in the Meadows’ Lab, however I do miss my summer days there. Over the summer I was able to spend all day doing experiments, and watching different experiments being done. Although I learned a lot, I wish I could have spent another month there because I’ve only tapped the surface of learning the mechanics of doing research. Now that school has begun, I can only spend a few hours a day 3-4 days a week in the lab. I find that balancing classes with going to the lab has become a bit challenging, but the good thing is that if I ever have trouble with my biology classes I can always ask the graduate students in the lab for help!

I think the most beneficial things from interning in this lab over the summer was 1) getting to work without interruption on experiments and 2) building a relationship with biology faculty and the biology graduate students. I’m so thankful for this experience and what Newcomb has given me the chance to do this summer. I’m hoping that through Newcomb I can intern again with Dr. Meadows!

Sincerely,

Hannah B.