Research Assistant Update!

I have been a research assistant to Dr. Alyssa Lederer for just about 7 months now. The experience has been incredibly enriching. I have learned so much about myself, my academic capabilities, and new passions in research. We have covered a range of topics from perceptions of STIs to practices in survey incentives. While the two seem to have very little connection on the surface, I have learned that in the field of public health broad subjects are often influencing each other.

The first manuscript I worked on with Dr. Lederer is in the publishing process with the journal: Sexually Transmitted Diseases. I am very excited to have the opportunity to be a published author. Dr. Lederer has been very helpful in allowing me to be a part of the entire process. She has included me in all decisions and encouraged me as a writer, a researcher, and a woman. I am very grateful to be working with such an inspiring academic. Though our research is most applicable to sex education our dedication to reproductive health and reproductive justice is evident in the conversations we have and the emails we share. I look forward to these next few weeks of work as I know they will be fruitful with even more knowledge.