My Final Week

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 3.55.06 PM.pngThe end of the semester is once again here as is my final week working with NOAF. This has been the longest I’ve ever worked with a nonprofit (slightly over 8 months), and I can honestly say that this will be a bittersweet end. While I’m excited about my upcoming adventures with law school, I know that I’ll miss the fund and everyone who supports its mission. I’m hoping that reflecting on everything we’ve accomplished will make this exit a bit easier.

Over the last few months, I’ve learned a shocking amount about databases, website interfaces, and the integration of different software. Each of these was necessary to update fundraising procedures, yet I can honestly say that I never expected this to be the bulk of my work. In the past, I’ve had limited experiences with website design and previously, my database experience had been limited to maintenance. This makes everything that I’ve done that much more significant to me. NOAF’s new website will be up and running any day now, and Salsa Labs is set to make life easier for the entire organization. It feels great to see how exactly I’ve helped and impacted the organization.

Thankfully, I have still gotten to support the organization’s more typical fundraising components as well. Our major event, the Game-a-thon, was on Sunday, and over $25,000 was raised significantly more than any year before. Additionally, GiveNOLA will be this upcoming Tuesday! I’ve also been supporting the other organization I’m interning with (the Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center who I actually learned about through this program) for this upcoming event, and I’m extremely excited to see how both nonprofits do. So, while my time is coming to a close, I’m happy to say that lots of great things are coming NOAFs way, and I’m so grateful to have had the chance to be part of their invaluable work.