Halfway!!

I am halfway through my internship and I love it! Anonymous Content is an incredibly interesting and awesome company to work at. Working in the activism department, I always have exciting projects that center on very important social justice themes such as feminism, immigration , voting, and so many more! I am progressing on my defined learning goals quite well because of all of the projects I have been assigned as well as the script reading and coverage I do daily. I have a better handle on the basic skills of understanding office culture, and a deeper grasp on the complicated world of television and movie production. By reading a lot of scripts, I more fully comprehend what a good script entails, which is vital for my future career aspects of being a producer and hopefully screenwriter. I am also learning more about how I can become a better storyteller myself and what it means to write both entertaining and impactful stories.

Every week we have an intern seminar with a head of one of the departments in the office. So far we have been able to talk one-on-one with the CEO, the COO, and the heads of literary rights and talent and literary management. This has been an incredible opportunity to hear from some of the leaders in the entertainment industry and get a better understanding of the structure of a production and management company like Anonymous Content. It has also been a wonderful way to get advice on finding one’s own path in the storytelling business.

Likewise, this internship and the seminars it planned has supported my leadership growth especially by enabling me to talk to real leaders in the industry every week. Hearing about their career trajectories as well as being able to ask them pointed questions is an honor. Every speaker has also been very kind and respectful and noted that we are the future of the media world which is very exciting. I have also grown as a leader by managing on my own in an apartment which is a thrilling adult step! I feel like I have grown as a female leader as well because it is an changing time for women in the entertainment industry as emerging roles and positions are opening up more and the culture is shifting. By working in the activism department, I get to talk about and see it happen firsthand every day.

I am monitoring my growth by taking notes (especially during the seminars) and talking with the variety of other interns at the company and my managers every day. I get to chat with the assistant to the executive producer I work under regularly and she often helps me gain insight as to the larger plan for the projects I work on.