Finishing Up My Internship!

The summer flew by so fast! I really loved my internship this summer and I am so grateful to have gotten a grant from Newcomb. I had the opportunity to work on several projects which allowed me to observe and learn from several different perspectives. I worked on layouts, practiced my Revit skills, did test fits, organized program, attended meetings, had an internship project, and so much more! Additionally, I realized how important it is to have a healthy work life balance. Because of my work life balance, I never felt overwhelmed with the amount of work I had but I also felt I learned and accomplished so much! I feel as though I truly accomplished all of my summer goals!

Because of my Newcomb Grant, I was able to live in New York City. I really enjoyed my experience and think it is somewhere I would like to like upon graduating. There is always something to do. I went to museums almost every weekend, saw music, went to art galleries, ate at amazing restaurants, and so much more. It can be really hard to meet people in a large city so I think it’s really important to get out and try new things. I went to a SoFar Music show. SoFar Music is a company that hosts music performances of about 3 amazing music groups in people’s living rooms. Everyone was super friendly and they really encouraged for people to get to know each other. I would really recommend this to people who are moving to new cities as a casual way to meet some friends! I also would recommend signing up for the Newcomb Mentor Program. My mentor has been so helpful in answering all my questions and concerns about the workforce and my area of study. I had the opportunity to meet her in person this summer as we were both in New York. She was so kind, funny, and smart. I would really recommend signing up for this program, if anything it’s just a great way to practice your networking skills!

Lastly, I want to thank Newcomb College Institute and Betsy Lopez for helping and supporting me this summer throughout my internship. I feel as though I got so much out of the summer in such a short period of time. I gained experience, leadership skills, and knowledge. I am so grateful!