The Journey Continues!

I am once again so SO grateful to be back at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (PPGC)! This semester brings a new change – I am once again under the direct supervision of PPGC’s New Orleans Community Organizer. Kristen joined the team around the holiday season and she is such a re-energizing addition. Since working independently on my legislative voting records project this past semester, it is very motivating to shift gears and apply my skills to more specific tasks.

Of course, integrating my previous work in researching the actions of the legislature and passage of bills in the Louisiana House and Senate is crucial to my new projects. I’ve had the chance to focus my research into more specific tasks. Kristen and I have been working closely together on creating informative one-pagers on the big legislative obstacles that PPGC and the reproductive rights movement has been up against. Specifically, issues such as the November ballot initiative and the March June Medical Services v. Gee case are some of the core topics that I have been exploring in these infographics. The goal is to eventually have these one-pagers verified for distribution when Kristen is canvassing and reaching out to the community.

Side note: I had the opportunity to walk with my PPGC family and other members of NOLA reproductive rights organizations like NOAF this year in Krewe of Chewbacchus! Planned Parenthood went as “Planet Parenthood.” Definitely a highlight of my semester!