End of the Summer Reflection

By: Isabelle Lian

I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to continue my internship throughout this summer term. COVID has changed many of my plans this break, as it has for many of my peers, I’m sure, and I cannot restate how much it means to me to have had Planned Parenthood be a stable constant during these times.

While working digitally did pose its difficulties, it also had its benefits. In previous terms, much of my work was mainly online and depended a lot on conducting research via government sources. This term, I continued to work on the one-pager project – highlighting the main issues and takeaways from the June Medical vs Russo SCOTUS case as well as PPGC’s abortion clinic license. Working from home allowed me to hone in on these particular tasks and helped me work more efficiently. I was also able to attend many great zoom lectures discussing reproductive rights that would have been much harder to access in person. While communicating purely through email and call has its limitations, I’m glad to have had so many communication channels open to share my thoughts and catch up with everyone at PPGC. As of now, we have some running ideas to increase community involvement that we are hoping to develop further in the next term.

I’m so thrilled to be back in New Orleans this fall. While much of our work will continue online and we will still be adapting to this new norm, I’m excited to continue building this momentum and bring new ideas to the table for my final year of undergrad!