Starting my Check It Study Fall Internship!

Hello everyone! My name is Anna Bluthardt, and I will be continuing to work with Dr. Alyssa Lederer conducting research for the Check It study and working at Tulane’s School of Public Health. Over the summer, I completed a literature review for a research question on young African American men’s reactions to a positive chlamydia diagnosis and wrote a synthesis to share with Dr. Lederer and the Check It team. This fall, I will be working on coding interviews from the Check It study with a qualitative software program called NVivo as well as helping with smaller projects that come up. Some of my fall goals include continuing to analyze qualitative data and understand how it is utilized in public health research, practicing my scholarly writing, and networking with my peers and professionals within public health by sharing my work in the RRRH program. This fall, I will continue to connect themes from our biweekly meetings to work I am doing for my internship and further my understanding of the intersection of reproductive rights and public health. As I continue working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I will continue to stay organized and in touch with programs such as Zotero, Zoom, and Microsoft.

I am looking forward to our guest speakers this fall, hearing from all my fellow interns, and keeping you all updated on my projects! Also, remember to follow CheckItNola on Instagram @checkitnola for more information.