What I Learned This Semester at VAYLA

Hi Everyone,

My work at RJVAYLA has definitely taken many interesting turns. At the beginning of the semester, I had thought that I would be working mainly on Instagram and promotional aspects of RJVAYLA. Through the promotional side of my internship, I have definitely learned a lot about graphic design as well as timing/wording of posts to incentivize people to interact with our brand. This aspect of the internship has definitely allowed me to seek out more opportunities in PR in the future. However, things completely changed when we launched our RJVAYLA Tik-Tok. After launching our Tik-Tok, we gained over 1 million views on our first post about Sex Myths. At first, we were shocked to see the amount of interactions on our post. We received a lot of negative comments from people who were quite misinformed about Sex Education. Our Tik-Tok demonstrated to us the need of better quality sex education established in school systems across the nation. While there was some backlash, there was also some great interaction on our post, and discussions between users about the validity of our statements. We hope that in the next semester, we can continue to gather the same amount of interaction – if not more- on or Tik-Toks, so we can utilize our platform to inform Tik-Tok users in not just the New Orleans community but across the world.

Sincerely,

Rayvi Kumar