Grassroots Organizing With SisterLove

“Grassroots Organizing With SisterLove”

by Kwesil Ezeh

I could not have asked for a more fulfilling summer than the on I have had working as an intern for SisterLove Inc. I got the opportunity to guide and map out the direction I wanted to take this internship and truly explore my passions! I got to delve deep into research about topics that mean a lot to me such as consent, STI’s ( the differences between them, how they are spread, and how they can be prevented), different methods of birth control, and other things! Using the information that I gathered, I put together presentations and guides that are easy to digest while very informative!

Being able to work with supervisors that are so supportive really meant the world to me, and being able to map out my own avenues and learn how to problem solve really helped me grow as an individual and as a professional as well! I learned SO SO much this summer about reproductive health and justice as well! I never knew how much energy and effort went into grassroots organizing and planning conferences and rallies as well!

In addition, this internship has also helped me gain more clarity into the paths I might want to consider career-wise after Tulane! Being able to learn, grow, and use the things you have/are learning to create things that help others is truly amazing and impactful and I would not have been able to do any of that without this amazing opportunity! I know more about reproductive justice work, what goes into it, and how it impacts every aspect of society so much more than I ever imagined. There is still so much more to be done, but I am so eternally grateful that I was given such an amazing opportunity to be a part of positive change and community work!