Hi, I’m Elizabeth!

My name is Elizabeth Laing and I am from Eugene, Oregon. I am a rising junior at Tulane pursuing a major in Public Health and a minor in Spanish. My academic interests center around reproductive and obstetric health as I hope to become a nurse midwife some day! I am thrilled to be working with Dr. Alyssa Lederer again. I worked with Dr. Lederer last semester and our work proved to be very fruitful as we were recently notified that the manuscript we wrote together has been conditionally accepted to the prestigious journal Sexually Transmitted Diseases, meaning after some minor revisions it should be officially accepted. Furthermore our presentation abstract for the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting in November was also accepted. This summer we will continue working on further qualitative research projects. Besides my work with Dr. Lederer, on campus I am a member of Chi Omega, Women and Youth Supporting Each other (WYSE), Tulane University Peer Health Educators (TUPHEs), and through the TUPHE program she serves as a Get Yourself Tested educator (GYTe). In my free time I love to explore the French Quarter, do a Barre3 workout and spend time outside.