Two Weeks Into my Internship with Planned Parenthood

IMG_5656.JPG I Stand With Planned Parenthood.

Two weeks into my internship and I have already marched with Planned Parenthood, attended a conference with influential politicians with Planned Parenthood, and built relationships with Planned Parenthood.

My internship has already given me intangible experiences and I am excited to see how things progress moving forward. I have done some “typical” intern jobs like sorting through swag and organizing cabinets, but I have also done some really amazing things. I have helped put together and ship off Birth Control Educator Kits to schools and educational facilities across the country in order to promote family planning and safe sexual practices. The other interns and I attended the “We The People” event in the Hyatt Regency Hotel with Senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and many other political stars. The weekend prior, I also attended the Pride parade which was another wonderfully unique experience.

The thing I love about my internship is that it is a warm, welcoming, and inviting work environment for every single person who walks through the door. I felt immediately accepted by each new face, which made the first few weeks go by in a wonderfully natural way.

Just this week I was given my first marketing assignment to revamp the old digital designs for our new PrEP social media campaign to raise awareness for this HIV preventative pill (I will be able to post more photos once the graphics are released on Planned Parenthood’s social media accounts).

I cannot wait to see what the upcoming weeks have in store as I walk to work each day with a huge smile on my face and a pep in my step, excited to help this amazing organization!