First Weeks at NOCAC

My first impression as an intern at the New Orleans Children’s Advocacy Center was “wow.” I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to work somewhere that not only made an impact on the community but also an impact on the interns that work their. Everyone from the executive director and down actually care about the interns, what projects they’re working on, and how it applies to what they’re studying.

Recently, NOCAC hosted a conference for American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children, and dedicated a day of it to young professionals in the field. This was a great day for interns to network with seasoned professionals and learn about the different lesser known disciplines within the field of child welfare. The day started with a panel with other young professionals, a panel with seasoned professionals, and other informational sessions. The day ended with a second line through the French quarter! It was an experience I will never forget!

I have learned so much in such a short time at the Advocacy Center. I’m so excited for the rest of the summer!