Interning at Angerholzer Broz Consulting

My name is Nile Pierre, and I am a rising senior at Tulane studying Political Economy and Latin American Studies from Los Angeles, CA. As a political economy major, my coursework focuses on the interactions between political decision making and economic impacts on a micro and macro scale. I study elections, voting patterns, and decision making.

This summer I will be interning at Angerholzer Broz Consulting (ABC), a political fundraising consulting firm based in Washington, D.C head by a Tulane alumnus. ABC works directly with Political Action Committees (PACs) and individuals, as well as their clients, who are either current members of Congress or candidates running for office for the first time.

ABC is the largest democratic fundraising firm in the nation and represents the majority of Democrats in Congress. This internship will give me unique insights to the financial side of politics and the ability to network face to face with high ranking elected officials who make these important political decisions daily.

NCI’s mission states that they aim to be “active partners and allies to other entities on campus working to make the Tulane community more inclusive and diverse.” At ABC, I will work to support the financing and events of high ranking members of Congress, many of whom work to support women’s rights. I hope to serve as an ally and assist those in power who promote gender and racial diversity and do my part at ABC to support their success.

To prepare for my internship, I have begun to firmly think of my learning objectives, which are as follows:

1. Develop networking skills
  2. Learn more about campaign finance
  3. Develop interpersonal skills in a professional workplace
  4. Gain knowledge on political networks in DC
  5. Develop event planning skills

I have also been revising my networks from last summer when I also interned in DC and looking for Tulane Alumni events in the city this summer. I am very excited to be working in a different area of focus and physical location this summer. This internship is more closely aligned to what I study, so it is exciting to see how my coursework transitions to real life.