Re-Energized and Ready to Go with Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast

Wow! Term 3 at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast and coming back never gets old! I’m so happy to say that my relationships with my inspiring and dedicated coworkers has definitely grown so much and I am so proud to be back in New Orleans to work with them.

Over the past few weeks, we have been seeing some of the most restrictive pieces of legislation finding the spotlight across the country. With the passage of SB184, the “heartbeat bill,” the nation has been reminded of the divisive nature of the pro-choice and pro-life movements. However, among all this turmoil, there is hope. Advocates for reproductive health took to social media to offer their insight in the developments as they swept across the nation. The sheer amount of posts made it hard for anyone to ignore the growing public health crisis. Seeing this support is what is inspiring me as I begin my third term as a reproductive rights and reproductive health intern at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast. On May 30th, we organized a very successful Lobby Day at the capitol in Baton Rouge. Usually we see attendance at around 150, but with SB184 set to be signed that same day, we were more than 400 advocates strong! I’m so thrilled to continue this momentum into the summer!