Interning with NOAF

Hi, I’m Trenton Morris, and I’m a rising Senior at Tulane. I’m studying Public Health and Gender and Sexuality Studies. This summer, along with two other amazing interns, I am working with the New Orleans Abortion Fund. We work to bring safe abortion access to women in New Orleans by providing monetary pledges to women in need of care and by advocating for legislative and social acceptance of abortion as a normal and safe procedure.

I’ll be working on a couple of major projects this summer, namely a canvassing program to educate the community about reproductive health and reproductive rights issues, especially the proposed constitutional amendment that would remove the right to abortion from the Louisiana Constitution. Additionally, I’ll be working in tandem with the rest of NOAF’s incredible staff to create a program that will train volunteers to support our mission and to host events to generate donations and spread the organization’s reach.

I’m so excited to have a small place in such a generous and welcoming organization. The staff and volunteers that comprise the core of the operations at NOAF are hard-working, genuinely friendly folks who have a passion for all those who they serve, and I’m proud to be joining them. I’m looking forward to the rest of the summer and the return of classes in the fall, where I can apply the lessons I learned at my internship to the lessons I learn in class.