Voting at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast

By: Janice Zha

During the past few months working as an RRRH intern at Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, I gained knowledge and valuable insight into the work behind organizing events such as canvassing and rallies. Due to the interruption of COVID19, I didn’t check off all my goals. I established these goals at the beginning of this internship. My work has an emphasis on interpersonal communication so that I couldn’t continue projects such as a storytelling event, canvassing, and volunteer orientation. But I’m also excited to see how these events can be moved online.
During my time as an RRRH spring intern, besides participating in canvassing, I was also involved in advocating event in the health center. I was tabling to encourage visitors to vote and to educate them about the current situation of Reproductive Justice in Louisiana. This event happened in early March, so I also introduced June Medical Services, LLC v Russo during some talks. No one knew about the case or the TRAP law until I told them about it.