Graduating as a NOAF Intern

By: Kennedy Williams

My last semester at NOAF has been very impactful. I decided to continue volunteering with NOAF after my internship ends because I value the work I have done there so much. During my internship, I made a spreadsheet for information from over 1000 calls, and that same spreadsheet is being used for the funds COVID response. I am so grateful that I was able to help, and I can’t wait to continue my work in person when it is safe to do so. Through the funds work during the pandemic, I saw how important being accessible and adaptable is for non-profit work, especially in a pandemic. I saw (virtually) the staff and other interns working every day to provide for people.

I am a graduating senior, so this is my last term in the Reproductive
Rights and Reproductive Health program. I have been in the program for five or six terms. I have worked with a number of New Orleans non-profits like the New Orleans Children’s Advocacy Center, the Institute of Women and Ethnic Studies, and the New Orleans Abortion Fund. Each place has left such a large impression on me and I will carry what I learned from each with me to my next position, (whatever that may be)! I have learned how to bring a reproductive health, rights, and justice outlook to all the work I do. There is not a problem I face that I don’t evaluate from that perspective.